Agile back to basics: foundations, interpretations, and paving the way forward
This summer, we brought together some of the industry’s leading agile experts, including three of the Agile Manifesto’s original co-authors. We wanted to get back to basics and hear their thoughts on why some organisations fail to find their feet with agile—and what actions they can take to get back on track.
From misinterpretation and documentation to risk-averse leadership and rigid implementation, there was lots to get stuck into and a wealth of experience around the table to hear from.
What our agile aficionados discussed:
- How agile is misunderstood and misapplied by organisations
- Why agile isn’t living up to its full potential
- What we really mean when we talk about an agile mindset
- How businesses can improve their agile efforts and harness the benefits
A who’s who of agile
The roundtable was moderated by Isaac Sacolick, President of StarCIO and contributing editor of InfoWorld and CIO Magazine. And here are the agile experts who shared their thoughts:
From The Adaptavist Group:
- Jon Kern, Digital Transformation Consultant and Co-author of the Agile Manifesto
- Tina Behers, VP Enterprise Agility, Aligned Agility
- Phil Heijkoop, General Manager, Aligned Agility
- James Grenning, Co-author of the Agile Manifesto
- Jim Highsmith, Co-author of the Agile Manifesto
- Tim Ottinger, Senior Consultant, Industrial Logic
- Ronica Roth, Co-founder and Principal of The Welcome Elephant
- Andrew Satriano, Agile Sales Director, Apptio
Watch our agile roundtable highlights
Tangible takeaways as the industry's leading experts get back to basics with agile.