Today it's estimated that enterprises use an average of 364 SaaS apps to help teams work better and more efficiently. While having a lot of apps to choose from is great, without any visibility into how you use them, it is hard to tell whether these apps are saving you time or delivering the value they promise. To really understand how these apps impact your daily productivity, you need to track your usage.
A window into your Slack workflows
It's no secret that Slack workflows help teams hugely by streamlining processes, automating repetitive tasks, and boosting productivity. But wouldn't it be great if you could see for yourself how much actual time and effort all these workflows are saving you and your team?
Currently, this is a real challenge.
It's hard to see what you need to see
First and foremost, you need to be a Slack admin to see more than your own workflows. And even as an admin, tracking usage across your organisation is a pretty tedious process. For instance, if you want to count how many workflows contain steps from Workflow Steps for Jira, you need to open each one manually. Also, counting successful executions involves either exporting the data to Google Sheets or manually adding it.
Of course, all of this wastes even more of your valuable time, which is the one thing you are trying to avoid!
Time for a clearer picture
To solve this challenge and make our customers' lives easier, we have created two dashboards—Usage Statistics and Workflow Activity. Both allow you to view all workflow executions and how much time the app is saving you and your team.
Let's dig a little deeper to explore what our new dashboards can do for you and your team.
[Note: our dashboards only reflect Slack workflows that include steps from the Workflow Steps for Jira app.]
Gain one view of all your workflow activities
With our new usage and workflow activity dashboards, you and your team can see:
- Which team members have connected their Jira accounts and can publish workflows with our steps.
- The total number of workflows published using our app steps, including contributors and collaborators.
- Workflow details, such as publication date, last update, and successful execution.
- The shared value you are getting from the app and a list of relevant users to involve in licensing discussions.
Discover how much time the app is saving you
With both dashboards, you can easily and quickly see how many workflows have been published and how often they run in your workspace. As a result, you and your team will be able to identify how much time your successful automations are saving you and how the app can be used to help you accomplish specific tasks.
Use app insights to boost engagement and productivity
With our new dashboards you can see how your team is interacting with the app. You could use these insights to reward super users, set productivity goals, and track your team's workflow progress.
Ready to try out our new dashboards?
Let’s start by showing you how to find and access both dashboards:
- Select the Workflow Steps for Jira app within Slack.
- From the app navigation dropdown menu, select the dashboard you want to use. There are two to choose from: Usage Statistics and Workflow Activity
Now, let's take a closer look at the two dashboards on offer and the data you will be able to see with both:
Usage Statistics dashboard: monitor workflows and time saved
- The Usage Statistics dashboard shows the number of workflows containing Workflow Steps for Jira app steps. Additionally, this dashboard shows the number of successful workflow executions completed in the last 30 days and how many minutes of manual effort were saved by running the automated workflows using Workflow Steps for Jira.
- On top of this, you can also see how many people are connected with the app. Toggle the Show my personal stats option to get the same information about your personal use of the app.
Workflow Activity dashboard: track who did what, when, and how!
- The Workflow Activity dashboard shows details on workflows within a workspace. Specifically, you'll find the number of executions for each workflow in the last 30 days and which users edited which workflow. In addition, you can see the dates of when the workflows were published, last updated, or used. The activity list is automatically sorted by Last published, but you can also sort the list by Most Executions using the dropdown.
At this point, you may notice the Workflow names don’t match what they're titled in the Workflow Builder. The reason for this is the workflow builder does not share the workflow name with us. What you see listed is the workflow ID of the workflow.
To rename the workflows on the dashboard, click the ellipses. Note, this won't change the title in Slack's Workflow Builder, but it will help you to differentiate your workflows more easily.
Additionally, you can easily access details on any workflow you have permission for. To get started, follow these steps:
- First, click the Workflow name to be taken to the workflow builder. Here you can update your workflow, view its activity, and change its settings.
- Then, on the Workflow Activity dashboard, toggle the Show my personal activity option to see the same information about your own Workflow activity.
Say goodbye to guesswork and hello to complete clarity
Our Usage Stats and Workflow Activity dashboards give you a clear understanding of how Workflow Steps for Jira is being used and the time it is saving you and your team. The guesswork is over!
With these valuable insights to hand, you will be able to keep track of all your workflows and team activities, helping you:
- Maximise the app’s value: knowing how you and your team use Workflow Steps for Jira will allow you to maximise its capabilities and increase your productivity even further.
- Enhance teamwork - by understanding how everyone uses the app, you can share best practices, encourage engagement and smooth out collaboration.
- Track and improve ROI - By tracking where the app is bringing you the most benefit and how much time it is saving you and your team, you can better understand and convey its value.
Ready to boost your Jira workflows and increase your productivity?
Check out our dashboards and discover:
- How you and your team are using Workflow Steps for Jira
- The time savings you're making with the app
- The best way to maximise the app's value
Get started today, and you might be surprised by what you learn!