Power up and discover more value on Trello with these newly acquired Adaptavist Power-Ups
The Script Series, Volume 5: Automate your daily Tempo tasks in Jira with this new collection of scripts in the Adaptavist Library
The Future of AI: What we learned at CogX19
Reimagine everything and go boldly into the future at Atlassian Summit 2018
The countdown has begun, Atlassian’s unmissable European Summit will soon open its doors for the second year running at the Gran Via conference centre in Barcelona, 3-5 September 2018.
Everyone you want to meet in one place
Summit offers a unique opportunity to reimagine the future of work, build new connections and be dazzled by the latest and greatest product innovations. The event brings together a unique mix of Atlassian experts, visionaries, and dreamers, united by a desire to build amazing innovations and even better teams.
For Scott Farquar’s (Atlassian Co-Founder and CEO) opening keynote in 2017, the audience included over 1800 people from 54 countries, with thousands more tuning in via the live-stream. Based on the phenomenal success of 2017, we're confident this year’s event will blow that record out of the water.
So, what can you expect from this year's event?
At Adaptavist, we are always looking for innovative ways to make our customer’s lives easier. Summit gives us the chance to share key learnings and insights on the work we have been doing over the past year, including our best practice tips-and-tricks. It also gives us the chance to network and cross-pollinate ideas with our partners across the Atlassian ecosystem.
“I never lose. I either win or learn.”
At Summit’s core is the belief that through great collaboration and teamwork, you can make the world a better place. But how can you create a culture and environment where people feel safe to make mistakes? To fail fast and be open and honest about it? Adaptavist’s Head of DevOps, Matt Saunder’s will share his thoughts in his lightning talk ‘ Psychological safety in post-mortems’ on how by establishing blameless post-mortems, you can help your team to learn and your business win.
If you want to maximise the power of Jira and take its capabilities to the next level, you won't want to miss 'Sizing Jira for performance - the trifecta' presented by Adaptavist's resident Jira expert, Dev Govindaswamy. In this session, Dev will share his valuable experience in implementing high performing Jira environments for leading global organisations.
Our other top agenda picks include;
- Tesla's Raju Kadam who will share his secret to automation success in his guide to achieving more by being lazy!
- Next up is Sky's David Grierson's session 'Sky's the limit with Atlassian Apps' where he will share how they created a robust software development lifecycle (SDLC) to achieve the ultimate test management optimisation.
- Another one to watch out for is Michael Sheppard's talk on how Dominos transformed a hugely complex process into a finely-tuned automated workflow using Splunk and Atlassian software.
- Finally Roy Chapman from SCM Best Practice Ltd will share why he believes prevention is always better than cure when it comes to consolidating your Jira portfolio.
Getting the most out of Summit
With so much great content, new ideas and expert tips-and-tricks on offer, an event on the scale of Summit can feel a bit overwhelming.
So here are a few of our survival tips to help you get the most out of your three days:
- soak up the atmosphere and meet new people
- think about what you could learn from any session you sign up for - will it help you?
- try to move out of your comfort zone and get involved in new discussions that interest you
- spend your whole time with your usual clique of colleagues and friends
- put yourself under extreme pressure to attend everything and anything
- miss the chance to stock up on swag, socialise, and have fun!
See you there?
We would love to meet you at this year's Summit, so please drop by for a chat - we will be located on the left near the entrance at booth P2.
If you are super organised and would like to schedule a meeting with our team in advance, just shoot us an email, and we'll be happy to set something up.
Find out more about Atlassian Summit 2018 here.
Join the event discussion at #AtlassianSummit