Any organisation that builds great products, regardless of their size, relies on roadmaps. Roadmaps allow them to align on goals, stay ahead of the competition and deliver software faster. Challenges arise when key departments aren’t aligned and are using separate tools - stilting communication and eroding trust in the roadmap. To be successful and break down these silos teams need to ‘be’ agile. Before we dive into how Aha! Roadmaps can help you do just that, let’s be clear: any initial step in being agile must first focus on people. Technology alone will not drive successful agile transformation; helping your teams develop an agile mindset, we believe, is the best way to ensure your business gets the most from agile practices.
Of course, once your teams are ready, the right agile project management tools can be immensely powerful. They are often crucial when it comes to providing visibility and reporting on daily tasks, ensuring work is aligned to key business goals and strategies. Aha! Roadmaps is one such tool. In this blog, we’ll be giving you a rundown of its capabilities, and how it can help your organisation drive agile practices forward successfully.
Meet Aha! Roadmaps
Aha! Roadmaps was developed in 2013. The founders saw that people were struggling to set clear business strategies and connect it to the work of building products that customers love. It is a cloud-based product that connects to one or more instances of a whole host of tools, from Jira to GitHub to Salesforce (either: Cloud, or Data Center) to give insight into the state of play for all of the teams in an enterprise-level organisation.
Roadmaps, but not as you’ve known them
The big value of Aha! Roadmaps is its real-time, simple reporting functionality. You can export roadmap graphics directly into presentations for accurate snapshots of ongoing work and deliverables without vanity metrics. Another unique value here is the advanced Ideas management capability, which collates all-new feature ideas and feedback in one place. Combine that with its superb ability to roll up information from the team level into program or portfolio view, and up again to strategic goals providing visibility across the business at all levels, Aha! Roadmaps help you stay laser-focused on delivering the maximum possible value to the customer.
Who is Aha! Roadmaps for?
Solving some of the all too common challenges of team buy-in, resistance to change, and communication isn’t easy when going agile. However, Aha! can help set you up for long-term success. Aha! Roadmaps is for:
- Organisations who want to move towards utilising a scaled Agile framework, e.g SAFe®, DAD, Scrum@Scale, LeSS, Spotify, etc. Aha! is agile framework agnostic, so the choice is entirely yours.
- Executive teams that want to connect strategic goals and objectives through to the team level with clear, real-time reporting visible at all levels.
- Program managers, product marketers, and product managers who want to track roadmaps, risks, and dependencies at a feature level and roll these up to the strategic goals.
- Organisations of any size that already use Jira and want all project communications to be seamless and easy.
- Departments with multiple tools who want to continue to use the tools of their choice. Aha! integrates with more than 30 other tools such as Zendesk, Jira, GitLab, Microsoft Teams, and Slack to name but a few, meaning everyone can easily collaborate in their tool of choice.
Get up and running fast
Adaptavist is an Aha! inaugural partner and was invited to join their partner programme of industry leaders in 2020. We were selected because we are recognised as experts in our field of helping organisations of all sizes become more agile, collaborative, and customer-centric. Adaptavist helps complex organisations transform and achieve an advantage in a climate of constant change. We provide expert consultancy, offering innovative strategies and solutions to help clients achieve agile change.