Focus on outcomes and overall experiences with XLAs
Is your IT organisation driven by a desire and focus to meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to get tickets closed? It may be time to reconsider your approach. When key IT metrics look green, implying that everything is going well, it's easy to get lulled into a false sense of security. Many organisations are surprised that end-users still talk negatively about IT despite healthy metrics. To address the problem, you must look beyond your SLAs and understand what your end users are experiencing. Experience Level Agreements (XLAs) are the way forward.
XLAs focus on the end-user (outcomes and overall experiences). While an SLA will measure output and compliance against contracts, XLAs tell you the impact on the end-user. By shifting the focus to XLAs, you need to start measuring the end users' experiences through existing workflows; share the information with multiple stakeholders; gain enough insight to identify pain points; and easily monitor, measure, and report on improvement initiatives.
"It’s great to partner with Adaptavist, thought leaders in Jira for IT Experience Management, and strengthen the market presence around experience management in the JSM space."
The experience-driven solution
HappySignals provides an experience management solution that can support you from data to action. Its IT Experience Management (ITXM) Platform captures and quantifies IT end-user experiences and helps organisations get a real-time view of how different IT initiatives impact end-user experience.
It measures experiences, shares data, identifies focus areas, and helps you improve. For example, you can manage end-user experiences and make data-driven improvements to ticket-based services. You may already know the two standard metrics used as a guiding principle in IT, but let's refresh our understanding. They are:
- IT Happiness: the end-user experience with technology across all IT touchpoints
- IT Productivity: the perception of end-user lost time with services, devices, and IT interactions
HappySignals' decision-making platform continuously measures happiness and productivity and gathers sentiment data on IT service delivery. It delivers this information via a constant feedback loop so that everyone in IT can view it, including Service Agents, third parties, business stakeholders, and Service Owners. Real-time feedback equals real-time decisions. The HappySignals widget sits underneath Jira Service Management to enhance your Jira Service Management ticketing process.
Here are some of the key benefits of HappySignals:
- Ready-made, research-backed surveys drive high response rates, so you get reliable and comparable results.
- Integration with Jira cloud ITSM allows for the seamless correlation of operational data with experience feedback data.
- Survey responses are gathered via email to make it easier for users to provide feedback.
- Experience data is shared openly with your colleagues, partners, and stakeholders.
- You can automate the continuous sending of ticket-based surveys.
- You'll learn the reason/s behind why end users feel happy or unhappy to help you improve your services.
- Out-of-the-box, ready-made surveys mean you can start gathering data in days.
- Quantifying happiness and productivity allows you to get a picture of lost productive work time.
- You get a future-proof subscription that constantly evolves and develops.
Moreover, HappySignals uses the ITXM™ Framework for operational efficiency and to follow clear best practices. It's an effective method that enables an organisation to move sustainably towards people-centric IT. Let's look at how the platform works under the framework.
1. Measure experiences. Research-backed, ready-made surveys provide a continuous stream of reliable experience data. Real-time happiness and productivity data offer instant insight into performance and the reasons behind why end-users are satisfied/unsatisfied.
2. Share the experience data. Share the data with stakeholders, colleagues, and partners to build trust and cooperation. Once everyone's on the same page, you can work together to improve focus areas.
3. Identify improvements. When you drill down into the experience and operational data, you can go from the big picture to a detailed view, helping to identify critical areas across, for example, channels, locations, or services.
4. Focus on what to improve. Improve the key areas you have identified in the previous step through data-driven decisions. The actionable data you collect will drive continuous improvements and eradicate gut decisions of the past. Using the data, you can allocate resources to the areas needing attention and drive business outcomes.
How Adaptavist can help
Are you considering migrating your ITSM solution to Jira Service Management? HappySignals integrates with Jira cloud ITSM, enabling seamless correlation of operational data with experience feedback data. If you'd like to implement the company's SaaS-based IT decision-making platform in your organisation, we can help.
We can help mould Jira Service Management into the tool you need from day one. Our experts from Nimaworks and veniture (both part of The Adaptavist Group) offer expertise in ITSM and ESM, making Adaptavist the first choice solutions partner to build a complete turnkey solution, no matter how simple or complex your requirements are. In addition, our ITSM partner apps, like HappySignals, help to maximise the benefits of your Jira Service Management solution, and we can configure it any way you like.
Our partnerships enable us to deliver solutions that empower your organisational agility. Alongside our partnership with HappySignals, we are a Platinum Atlassian Solutions Partner and a Platinum Marketplace Partner. We also partner with Apptio, Device42, Monday.com, AWS, GitLab, Aha!, and more.
Adaptavist is a global technology and innovative solutions provider, helping organisations boost agility and overcome the challenges of digital transformation. Founded in 2005, its team spans over 900 employees globally, with an 18,000+ customer base representing more than half of the Fortune 500.
Adaptavist supports customers with applications, consultancy, agile implementation, app integration, training, managed services, and licensing solutions. The company has been awarded a Queen's Award for Enterprise and Deloitte's Technology Fast 50.
HappySignals is a SaaS company for IT Experience Management. Founded in 2014, the Helsinki-based company's three co-founders combine experience in running IT for enterprises and running Service Design agencies. Today, HappySignals discovers the IT experiences of over 2 million enterprise end-users in 120 different countries. Its IT decision-making platform continuously measures team member experience and gathers sentiment data on IT service delivery. By using the platform, IT leaders can get a real-time understanding of the experiences they deliver to end-users. It empowers enterprises to move towards sustainable people-centric IT, enabling them to change their culture to be more open, outcome-focused, and data-driven.
Ready to drive IT Experience Management in your organisation?
Ready to tackle common IT challenges, enable team member happiness and productivity, and maximise the business value of IT in your organisation? Want our support with implementing the HappySignals IT Experience Management Platform into your Jira Service Management solution? Get in touch.