The complete solution to automate, customise, and extend Jira.
ScriptRunner gives you capabilities you didn’t know were possible with Jira Software and Jira Service Desk, using the power of Groovy scripting.
From automating bulk actions and creating scripted fields, to building bespoke workflows, and 3rd party integrations, ScriptRunner gives every Jira admin superpowers!
One app instead of dozens of apps and plug-ins
Model complex business processes using advanced Jira automation
Focus admin resources where they matter and skip the grind of repetitive tasks
Save the time and hassle of writing a complete plug-in with Groovy scripts that just work
- Venkat on 11/10/2021Very useful and powerful addon and it makes Jira so easy and flexible to play around end to end.
- Jose Miguel Garrido Tornero on 08/10/2021Indispensable tool to bring out the full power of jira
- Gines Escudero on 04/10/2021Very useful addon for Jira to help you automate many tasks and design more complex workflows. Recommended!
- Kim Hassan on 01/10/2021The support team is always very responsive and the product has been great!
- Michael Johnson on 30/09/2021This add-on is worth your left arm, probably our most useful and critical add-on. Use the 'Switch to a different user' all the time, that alone is worth the price of admission but so many other handy features as well. They also have a script on their site to bulk change Description, which was also great.
- Vladimir Virlan on 25/09/2021Very nice and quick support. Thanks
- Gian Israel Nampi on 24/09/2021ScriptRunner, offers a lot of options and it helps our team to deliver fast and effective solutions to our projects, Community is also great and they have Adaptavist library where you can check some of the solutions and documentation for each services they offer and the Support is fast and superb!
- Minu Murali on 21/09/2021ScriptRunner is an amazing app to enhance out-of-the box Jira functionalities. Scriprunner support is also exemplary. We use it for workflow validations and conditions. It also have scripted automations that are easy to use.
- Jacek Zarzycki on 14/09/2021As administrator I can't imagine working with jira without this plugin. This is one of the most important tool for us.
Transform Jira with ScriptRunner
Discover how ScriptRunner can turn your Jira instance into all that you ever wanted it to be.
Advanced automation with Groovy scripts
With ScriptRunner, you can focus on making Jira better rather than manual upkeep. Go beyond simple drag-and-drop tools to building complex automations at scale, such as:
Build multi-step automation flows with bespoke logic, loops and variables Archive issues, update and validate custom fields across projects, and save hundreds of hours on repetitive tasks Run scripts on a schedule, on-demand, or in response to an event within Jira.
Improve Jira for every user
Whether you're a Jira admin or an everyday user, ScriptRunner makes your life easier and helps you get more out of Jira.
With enhanced JQL search you can run more sophisticated search queries and set up granular filters to find the information you need. For example, you can locate epics with stories currently being worked on or identify duplicate issues in a project.
Hit the ground running with ready-made scripts and training resources.
No coding skills? No worries. Start building automations with built-in scripts that work out of the box, or visit the Adaptavist Library to explore hundreds of scripts written by other users - which you can use for inspiration or just copy and paste directly into your instance.
"ScriptRunner has opened up a world of automation and customisation which otherwise would have required multiple plugins and apps."
Annual price per tier
Up to 10
Annual price per tier
Up to 50
Monthly price per user
Up to 10
Try it for free
Get your full-feature trial from the Atlassian Marketplace today to start automating, customising, and extending Jira to truly fit your organisation.
ScriptRunner powers Atlassian tools for over 25,000 teams, from Fortune 500s to up and coming start-ups.
Learn more about ScriptRunner
Join our bi-weekly group demo to see ScriptRunner in action
Discover how ScriptRunner accelerates automation for SAP Fieldglass
Learn how to write your first Groovy script
Visit the Adaptavist library to find ready-made scripts written by other users.
Migrating from Server?
Keep the automations, customisations and hands-off housekeeping that you’ve come to rely on.
As of February 2nd 2021, Atlassian customers can no longer purchase or request a quote for new Server licenses. This cloud-first focus raises important questions: is now the time to move fully to Atlassian Cloud? Could Data Center—or a hybrid model—be the right option?
Already making your migration plans?
We’re ready when you are. Whether you’re headed to the cloud or keeping things local with Data Center hosting, we offer a well-established version of ScriptRunner for Jira for both, each including a 30 day free evaluation period.
This recent webinar outlines our recommended approach to Cloud migration and explains the similarities and differences between the Cloud and Server products.
You’re not alone
Sometimes it helps to be reminded of what’s possible. That’s why we got bluechip giants Arm to share details of their migration journey—migrating their 10,000 users to Jira Cloud—whilst maintaining their essential ScriptRunner automations.