ScriptRunner for Bitbucket
Automate and control your DevOps workflow with the most powerful admin app for Bitbucket
Available on Server and Data Center
One app to enforce best practices, automate workflows, and integrate your development toolchain
Gain superpowers in Bitbucket with the power of Groovy scripting.
Anything is possible, from complex best practice and compliance enforcement, to process and reporting automation, close integration with other DevOps tools, and modifying the user interface.
Create advanced processes tailored to your development lifecycle.
Save time with over 40 easy-to-set-up code-free features that address your most common needs.
Save money with one app that covers the functionality of dozens of other plugins.
Forget about writing and maintaining your own plugins, run Groovy scripts that just work instead.
- Oliver CENTENO on 17/05/2021No surprises here, support is great, documentation can improve. I miss some more in-depth code examples, the ones available are quite basic and when you try to do something similar but not exactly as an existing built-in, you can struggle to make it happen.
- JIRA Admins on 26/03/2020Back again to say great support with our recent ticket about ScriptRunner code to allow/ignore check for certain file extensions in the File Size Pre-Hook Joanna, big thank you once again :)
- Yael kinor on 08/12/2019This plugin is very useful, has frequent deliveries and many helpful features. Easy to use and configure. And most importantly - a great support team, highly responsive and professional. Thanks for the great work! Yael
- Aurélien Vallée on 03/05/2019This is a must-have extension for BitBucket. I pulled my hair trying to have server-side git hooks to work with BitBucket without success (BB does not trigger post-merge hooks on PR merge). This plugin basically allows you to script BB however you want, without the huge learning step of learning java / maven / etc. The plugin is very well integrated with BB, has a clean UI, tons of example scripts, excellent documentation, and supports all BB versions. Working with the internal code editor (with static analysis) is a huge time saver too. Don't look further.
- Tom Hanley on 04/09/2018ScriptRunner is a must have for doing anything custom inside Bitbucket.
- Benjamin D. Smith on 03/04/2017Would love to see support for Bitbucket Cloud if at all possible? As we've just made the transition to the cloud for all our Atlassian products and this is one of a couple of plugins that I dearly miss ;(
- Dave Thomas on 13/02/2017ScriptRunner for BitBucket is a a veritable swiss army knife of indispensable functionality that we rely on every day. If you want to easily create custom hooks and automations in BitBucket, this is a good option. We use it to enforce commit acceptance policy, to add custom tasks to pull requests, and to support a variety of other important software governance requirements. On the support side, we've found Adaptavist very responsive and knowledgable. They saved us in a pinch recently after we shot ourselves in the foot.
Unlock Bitbucket’s full potential
ScriptRunner will help you completely transform the way you work with Bitbucket
Shave time off tedious tasks
Automate any action you can think of with scripts that run once, on schedule, or in response to an event.
- Automate repository creation from templates.
- Deactivate users in bulk or delete orphaned personal repositories on schedule.
- Generate reports and send them to the right person to be actioned - e.g daily summaries of all pull requests merged in a project.
Keep repo size under control with smart reporting
When your devs push code in Bitbucket, large repositories can drastically increase checkout operation time and space requirements. ScriptRunner offers a few solutions to stay on top of your space usage.
- View and export a complete report of all your repository sizes by project with just one click.
- Receive alerts on schedule when repositories exceed a particular size, so you can take action before problems appear.
- Go one step further and prevent large files pushes from happening in the first place with pre-hooks.
Annual price per tier
Up to 10 users
Annual price per tier
Up to 25
ScriptRunner for Bitbucket powers the most innovative companies, from Fortune 500s to up and coming start-ups.
"This is a must-have extension for Bitbucket. This plugin basically allows you to script BB however you want, without the huge learning step of learning java / maven / etc. The plugin is very well integrated with BB, has a clean UI, tons of example scripts, excellent documentation, and supports all BB versions. Working with the internal code editor (with static analysis) is a huge time saver too. Don't look further."
Automate. Enforce. Integrate. Report. With ScriptRunner for Bitbucket.
Migrating from Server?
Keep the automations, customisations and hands-off housekeeping that you’ve come to rely on.
As of February 2022, Atlassian customers can no longer increase or decrease their tier level for Server licenses. This cloud-first focus raises important questions: is now the time to move fully to Atlassian Cloud? Could Data Center—or a hybrid model—be the right option?
Already making your migration plans?
If you're keeping things local with Data Center hosting, we're ready when you are. ScriptRunner for Bitbucket Data Center brings you all of the features that you know and love in Server.
Head to this section of our website, which contains FAQs, webinar recordings and more to help you understand our recommended approach to migration.