In order to get started learning ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud then we would advise following the guide below along with watching the introduction videos shown below in order to help to understand how the ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud plugin works.
In order to start learning how the plugin and the Atlassian Rest API's work then we would advise following the steps below.
- Read up on the Groovy programing language here if you are new to programming in groovy and look at online Groovy training courses.
- Read through the documentation pages here along with the JIRA Cloud API documentation pages located here.
- Read through the page here which outlines the main differences between the Cloud and Server versions of ScriptRunner.
- Watch the introduction videos shown in the Video Resources section below.
- Review posts on Atlassian Community to see what scripts another ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud users has published.
- Running code inside the Script Console in order to start learning how the API's work.
You can see example scripts by clicking on the links next to the text which says Examples: below the code box on the Script Console page.
We would also advise watching the videos shown below which provide some demonstration guides to help you to get started with ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud.
|Introduction to ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud:|
Top 5 differences between ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud
and ScriptRunner for Jira Server:
|How to use enhanced search|
|How to create scheduled jobs:||How to create escalation services:||How to use Script Fragments|