Table of Contents
This guide covers the following subjects to help you get started with Test Management for Jira:
Enabling Test Management for Jira
Managing Test Cases from the Test Library
Managing Test Cases from the Issue View Screen
Planning Test Execution Cycles
Executing Test Cases
Working with Reports and Gadgets
1. On the Jira home screen, click Tests.
The "Test Management for Jira is disabled" message appears.
2. Click Project Settings Page to enable Test Management for Jira for the current project.
3. On Jira’s Project Settings screen, click On to enable Test Management for Jira.
Note: You must have admin permissions to complete this step.
1. Select a project and click Tests.
2. In the Folders panel, click Create Folder, name the folder, then click the check.
The new folder is saved.
3. Click New to create a new test case.
The Create Test Case screen appears.
4. On the Details tab, add your desired information, then click the Test Script tab.
5. On the Test Script tab, fill in the test-case steps.
6. Click the Traceability tab.
Use the + to link an issue from Jira to the test case. You can also link Confluence pages and Web links.
7. Click the Attachments tab and attach your desired files.
8. Click the Comments tab, fill in the desired comments.
9. Click Save.
The test case saves, and a notification appears on the screen.
While viewing an issue, you have many options to manage test cases, test cycles, and test plans.
In the Traceability section, you can click links to create a new test case or add existing test cases.
Click the dropdown to link existing test cases, test cycles, and/or test plans to the issue.
With a test case added to an issue, you can click the test case to view test execution results.
1. Click the Cycles view.
2. In the Folders panel, click Create Folder, name the new folder, then click the check.
The new folder is saved.
3. Click New to create a new test cycle.
The Create Test Cycle screen appears and defaults to the Details tab.
4. On the Details tab, fill in the desired fields, then click the Test Cases tab.
5. Click Add Test Cases.
6. On the Add Existing Test Cases screen, select the desired test cases, and then click Add.
You can assign a tester or the target environment for each test case.
7. Click Save to save the test cycle.
The following two sections detail how to execute test cases from a test cycle and as singular, independent tests.
In the Cycles view, click on the name or key link of the desired cycle.
In the test-player dialog, you can change test statuses or start the timer.
In the Script section, you can set test-step results by clicking the pass, fail and blocked icons.
Use the cog button to create a defect or to link an existing defect to a step.
You also have the ability to do a mass status update for remaining steps. Just click on the cog icon and choose the appropriate option for Set All Below To.
1. In the Traceability section on an issue, select the desired test case and click on the play icon to execute a new single test without a test cycle.
The Start a New Test Execution screen appears.
2. Select a tester, an environment, and a test-case version.
3. Click Start.
4. Click play to execute the test case.
If you need to resume the test execution, you can expand the test case to display previous test executions, then click a test execution key link to open the test player screen.
1. Click the Reports tab.
2. Select a report type in the Reports panel, then click on a report you want to create.
3. On the test screen, select a project and the desired filter.
4. Click Generate to create the report.
1. Click the Dashboards dropdown, and select a dashboard.
If you have no dashboards, click Manage Dashboards and create a new one.
2. Click Add Gadget to add a gadget to the dashboard.
The Add a Gadget window appears. You can filter gadgets by typing into the text box or by selecting an option in the Categories panel and scrolling.
3. Find a gadget, and click Add Gadget.
4. Click the X to close the Add a Gadget window.
5. On the gadget, add a project, select a filter, and fill out any other necessary details.
6. Click Save.
The gadget results appear.