Delivery mode: Onsite or virtual classroom
Format: 3.5 hour live session (lecture plus hands-on exercises)
What will you learn?
In this course, attendees learn how to use Jira and Confluence together in ways that enable teams to manage projects seamlessly across the two applications. Learn to use Confluence to define product requirements, create Jira epics, stories, and issues and link them directly to the product requirements without ever leaving Confluence.
Learn how to use Jira reporting to create dashboards that keep your team informed on project progress and status. The course is based on a scenario which demonstrates how to manage a project, from inception to completion of a sprint, using Jira, Jira Agile and Confluence (Agile experience is not necessary). Note that this course is not about integrating Confluence and Jira from a system administration context.
Who should attend?
Project managers, business analysts and developers, Jira and Confluence application administrators, Jira and Confluence users.
What are the course objectives?
After attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Use Jira and Confluence to manage the development process
- Manage tasks and projects using applications that they are familiar with
- Provide project-level reporting on tasks across applications
- Ensure that each member of the team is in touch with the development process and can work efficiently on tasks
What are the key topics?
- Setting up and linking Jira projects and Confluence spaces
- Getting the most out of Confluence Blueprints with Jira/Confluence integration
- Planning your work and creating Jira issues without leaving Confluence
- Reporting on work taking place in Jira from Confluence
- Embedding content from Confluence within Jira
- Viewing sprint activity from Jira in Confluence
- Using calendars to plan project activity
- Triggering retrospectives in Confluence from Jira Agile