Atlassian health check
Our Health Check service can help to ensure your Atlassian product is delivering as much benefit to you as it’s capable of. Whether it is Confluence, JIRA, or any other Atlassian product, we can help identify problems, provide actions and advice to overcome them, and provide further guidance that will get your Atlassian product on the road to success.
Our Health Check examines a wide range of factors such as plugins, cache, indexing and system configuration and then using our experience we can help you to improve the efficiency of your software and reduce costs, saving you money.
What is included?
A typical engagement includes:
- Health Check Review – An initial discussion to identify:
- Expectations and highlight any specific issues you are currently experiencing
- Timescales and any budget constraints
- Whether we are able to work remotely or on-site, as well as any factors which might hinder our progress – such as internal processes, security requirements etc.
- A review of the system configuration including the Atlassian application, web server and database components.
- Plugin review, identifying:
- Acceptable plugins – Recommendations of plugins that are known to be stable, reliable, secure and performant
- Outdated plugins – Plugins which are either superseded by newer versions or alternate plugins
- Questionable plugins – Plugins known to cause various issues such as security exploits, performance or stability issues
- Content indexing – Checking to see if there are any issues with content indexing
- Email subsystem – Checking of outbound mail configuration, notifications, mail archives and issues with end-user email addresses
- Cache statistics – Checking caches and their settings for optimal performance and issues
- System information – Checking your Java version, file system and database encoding, memory allocation, etc.
- Implementation of changes/optimisations to immediately improve how the system functions. We can fix some problems as they are encountered, for more troublesome problems we’ll give you the information you need to decide what to do next.
- Recommendation of suggested changes to enhance performance, stability and use – prioritised based on requirements, impact and cost.
- Generation of an Adaptavist Health Check report, detailing outcomes of the review, issues, changes made and recommended future actions. The report contains several appendices, documenting information obtained during the health check useful for supporting your system in the future.
How long does it take?
A typical check takes 2-5 days, but is variable depending on the complexity of your system architecture and the issues you are experiencing.
- Ensure good user experience and mitigate risk to adoption and availability due to stability, performance and functionality issues.
- Reduce the maintenance cost of your deployment, identifying problems before they occur which would otherwise have required expensive, time-pressured investigations.
- Improve the stability and performance of your system.
- Be reassured that your system is configured inline with best-practices and you’re getting the full benefit from your Atlassian software.