The Dashboard is your default home page and provides access to all your sites...
The Dashboard provides quick access to several of the top-level features within Confluence:
There are a supprising number of features on the Dashboard as follows:
- At the very top, there is the Breadcrumb Trail which also includes the Search Box
- A logo is displayed near the top left of the page (see Global Logo)
- A welcome Message appears below the logo
- A list of Spaces is shown below the welcome message, allowing the visitor to choose what site they want to see
- A "Create Space" button appears under the space list, allowing you to create a new space (see Spaces)
- Links for logging in or out, displaying your history, editing your profile and administration are shown near the top right of the page
- A list of recently updated content is shown on the right of the screen
The following tutorials show you how to perform some common tasks:
- Custom Dashboards — This tutorial shows you how to create completely customised dashboards...
- Global Logo — The global logo appears on The Dashboard and also in the header of any spaces without a custom logo. This tutorial shows you how to change the logo...
- Sample Page 1
- Site Homepage — The site homepage will be shown by default whenever people visit your site. This tutorial shows you how to choose a different home page...
- Site Welcome Message — The site welcome message appears on The Dashboard and any place that includes the welcome-message macro. This tutorial shows you how to change the message...
|Q||Can I hide the Dashboard link on the breadcrumb trail within spaces?|
|A||No, although we are working on adding a feature to allow this.|
|Q||I don't want the Dashboard to be my homepage - can I choose something else?|
|A||Yes. Change the Site Homepage setting in the Administration Console.|